Poll

PHP
100% (1)
Python
0% (0)
Voters: 4
  • Abdulhalim

Hello guys,

I have a background in programming, but for a long time ago, I am familiar with Python, PHP, CSS, HTML, MySQL just as a rookie, Also I worked with Pascal about 18 years ago big_smile ...  So I want to start to learn and I need to know  ... PHP or Python ( for web based programming )

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

I’m working on improving my English

• cyberman

Please make a look to the statistics at https://w3techs.com/ ... Most popular server-side programming languages big_smile

PHP is on top for a long time and most websites.

Universe is corrupt. Reboot: Y/N?

• Abdulhalim

Thank you man, It was very useful, I like PHP too, I have to learn it , I hope big_smile

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

• Weksart
  • Styles Lead/Co-Manager

Hello guys,
For me, PHP is dying slowly, it won't disapear in one day, but in 10 years, it won't be the first used language in my opinion.

In the next years JavaScript and Python will be used more, for sure.

You can actually see how JavaScript is used everywhere, and Google uses a lot of Python, so...

Well, I think PHP is a good common basis to start, when you know PHP, you can learn Python, easier and clearer language.

PHP is very useful by the way, as you can use it everywhere and with lot of softwares. (WordPress, Joomla, Panther Forum...)

Not sure to reply the question correctly, but I tried big_smile

PS: I don't vote because polls are having problems and there is not clearly a good answer as what you choose is good anyway !

• cyberman
Weks said:

In the next years JavaScript and Python will be used more, for sure.

I'm not familiar with Python so I can say nothing.

But think JavaScript wount fly so high. There are a lot users out there which have blocked javascript per default - with important reasons.

And the extensive use of JavaScript was the reason I like to move my forum to Panther, and not Flarum.

• Last edited by cyberman (08-01-2017 15:11:20)

Universe is corrupt. Reboot: Y/N?

• Chris98
  • Project Manager

PHP is used on about 90% of all websites. It's just generally the most used programming language in the world for web development, by a very long margin. I can't remember what the runner up was, but it was a very, very long way behind.

I'd always say go for PHP. Just by Googling "Top 5 programming languages", I can almost guarantee that PHP will be in there. It's always going to be in the top 5, or at least for a very long time. And it's very useful regardless.

Kind regards,
Christopher Marshall
chris [at] get-aura [dot] org

Project Manager

• Abdulhalim

Thank you , I will try my best to learn that , I hope big_smile

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users