• You are not logged in.

How view a Youtube preview thumbnail?

• Started by karel
  • 5 Replies
  • karel

Greetings. The forum Panther design is fantastic. Although many things are lacking for improvements.
Is possible view a preview Youtube thumbnail?

Sorry for my bad english. I'm spanish.

Other question:

How remove the redirections screen?

• Last edited by karel (09-12-2016 13:45:37)
  • Chris98
  • Project Manager

Hi karel,

Thanks for your feedback!

Unfortunately it's not possible to embed YouTube videos into the forum at the moment - although this is a feature which we would like to add soon.

You can disable the redirect screen by the Admin -> Options page on the 'redirect time' section. note though that we don't recommend this because it will show no indication that things have been updated (e.g. on the admin).

Kind regards,
Christopher Marshall
chris [at] get-aura [dot] org

Project Manager

• cyberman
Chris98 said:

Unfortunately it's not possible to embed YouTube videos into the forum at the moment - although this is a feature which we would like to add soon.

Haven't tried it yet but maybe it's not too difficult to do that smile

Panther is using SCEditor and there is a plugin for SCEditor to define custom BBcodes

http://www.sceditor.com/documentation/custom-bbcodes/

There's an example for Youtube too (search for parameter "format"). @Chris98: I'm sure you've realised a working draft in five minutes big_smile.

By the way ... smiley transformation inside this input text area is broken - got a broken image link.

Universe is corrupt. Reboot: Y/N?

• Chris98
  • Project Manager

Panther is using SCEditor and there is a plugin for SCEditor to define custom BBcodes

When we do add this feature, we'll be using an

[embed=service]http link ....[/embed]

kind of format. We'll be allowing multiple services to be embedded, including YouTube.

This is actually part of our survey to see which services people would like to embed things from.

Once we've generated enough feedback (hopefully) in time for this next release, if not the one after, we'll be adding in embed tags on the forum. I'm actually looking forward to adding this feature - it will be a great enhancement.

By the way ... smiley transformation inside this input text area is broken - got a broken image link.

Is it still doing this? Thought this had been fixed in the last release. Thanks for letting me know, will definitely make sure this is the case in this one!

Kind regards,
Christopher Marshall

Project Manager

• Chris98
  • Project Manager

Thank you! That will be a marvellous addition to the forum. smile

Kind regards,
Christopher Marshall

Project Manager

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users