• You are not logged in.

2 things

• Started by wimc
  • 9 Replies
  • wimc

1. cannot view forum/topics on my forum. Get server error with logged in, can view contents of forum as guest, but not read topics, again server error.

2. See screenshot, there is a missing <dd> according to firefox.

When loggen in, clicking forum, I get..

Errno [ 2 ]: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used twice in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/testing/panther/include/functions.php on line 1873

Made that 3 - timelimit cannot be changed, trying to set at 900 seconds, save, reverts back to 127.

• Last edited by wimc (03-07-2015 15:29:57)
  • Chris98
  • Project Manager

It seems you're just too late big_smile

Thanks for reporting, though. All these have been fixed in the next version, which can be found at GitLab. No database changes have been made (I'm about 99.9% certain), so it's simply a case of copy/replacing files. The only one which might have, and I can't fully remember, is the timelimt issue you're having.

Note that this version is currently under construction. So there are a few unused templates .etc in the /include/templates folder and not all are there. (I'm sure you'll know what I mean).

You can view the full changelog here (so far) : https://gitlab.com/vank1ta/Panther/blob … ANGELOG.md

• Last edited by Chris98 (03-07-2015 16:57:24)

Kind regards,
Christopher Marshall
chris [at] get-aura [dot] org

Project Manager

• wimc

Better late than never as the saying goes.

Tried to add the <dd> in there, but cannot wrap my head around this code. Saw where it needed to be.

• Chris98
  • Project Manager

Yeah, it's pretty complex. That's why in 1.0.8 we've added a templating system in to separate the HTML from the PHP. It also means that you never have to modify the core to change the HTML, which is the entire point of the updates.

Kind regards,
Christopher Marshall

Project Manager

• wimc

Sounds good to me. Cannot wait to see next version.
Read the article/topic "Upgrading your Panther installation", but its something that worries me, would it be no effort.

• Chris98
  • Project Manager

Read the article/topic "Upgrading your Panther installation", but its something that worries me, would it be no effort.

Auto-updates aren't supported in Beta versions, because a lot changes. When we get to 1.1.0 though, Beta will end, so auto-updates will be fully supported. They do work, but with Beta so much is changing that we don't feel they are necessary. It also means that we can focus all our effort on fixing bugs.

You will receive the update patch to your forum through the admin interface and you only need to click "install update" in the admin_updates.php page. This is also shown in the admin menu only when updates are ready to install. You'll also get to see a copy of the changelog when updating.

What is it in particular that worries you about them?

Kind regards,
Christopher Marshall

Project Manager

• wimc

May go live once its out of beta, and worries me I'll break it and not be recoverable, not even a database backup will help restore it.
If anything else, will take time to read and go slowly.

• Chris98
  • Project Manager

That's a valid point. All updates are tested though before release, and you can opt out of auto-updates in your admin panel at any time. Note that if you do though, you'll have to manually install any patches available, you can do this by downloading and adding the relevant patch update from the downloads page.

Kind regards,
Christopher Marshall

Project Manager

• wimc

Thanks for explaining.
Going to stop asking questions for awhile, my brain needs to soak up whats been said already (from all topics I started).

• wimc

No need to test anymore, so far, problems I've experienced previously gone away.

Have panther setup once again, actually installed today (June 11th).

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users