• You are not logged in.

Panther v1.1.3 - Language strings

• Started by Abdulhalim
  • 9 Replies
  • Abdulhalim

Hello ,
Since I have to translate Panther new version into the Persian language , I need to know how much changes it has ?
And why don't put it on Transefix or some thing like that ? big_smile It more easier to translate big_smile

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

I’m working on improving my English

• Chris98
  • Project Manager

Hi Abdulhalim,

There have been quite a few changes made to the language files, however, I'm going to try and run this through a diffchecker so that translators can clearly see the changes which have been made. Rest assured that we will come up with an easy solution for you to track all the changes.

We used GetText as it's a standard language translating system used by many other well known software and we actually used it for the reason of making it simpler as you can translate directly through poedit. Before, we simply used an array system. Is there anything you think we could improve?

I'll bring this up at our team meeting tomorrow on how to allow translators to easily see changes between versions, I've added it to our meeting agenda.

Kind regards,
Christopher Marshall
chris [at] get-aura [dot] org

Project Manager

• Abdulhalim

I don't have any special opinion , I think Panther needs to translate to many languages ... I hope to see that .
PO files are good but I hate the PO Editors .
Anyway I am at your service :-)

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

• Weksart
  • Styles Lead/Co-Manager

For the .PO files, you can edit them with Notepad++ or any editor I think.
I don't like Poedit too if this is the software you are referring to. big_smile

• Abdulhalim
Weks said:

For the .PO files, you can edit them with Notepad++ or any editor I think.
I don't like Poedit too if this is the software you are referring to. big_smile

I always use notepad++ ,but I prefer INI extensions to PO . I work with this files about 5 years because Joomla! uses this system

• Abdulhalim

Latest version has released and I am stuck with translating into the Persian language big_smile

Someone give me a hint , what and where strings are new in 1.1.3

• Weksart
  • Styles Lead/Co-Manager

Do you have any problem? Or you want just the list of the updated languages strings for this version?

• Abdulhalim

Na I don't have any problem , I want the list of updated strings for the new version ...
I installed the Persian language ( from the previous version ) everything seems alright . So I don't now what I have to translate smile

• Chris98
  • Project Manager

We are working on getting this kind of thing sorted on the site here for the next release (when we update the site we'll add this in). Unfortunately though, I can't seem to find this functionality anywhere else on the internet.

You can compare the files manually through this tool, but I'm afraid that's the best I can find for the moment; there is no way to batch-check more than one file at a time. Using that tool you'll need to upload the file from 1.1.2 vs the file from 1.1.3.

Kind regards,
Christopher Marshall
chris [at] get-aura [dot] org

Project Manager

• Abdulhalim

It's OK , I'll do it , But when you want to change the files ,please put them on the end of the files and commented like this =>> /* Version 1.1 */ -- /* Version 1.2*/ and so on ...
Anyway it's depending on you big_smile

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users